Friday 6 November 2015

Fabrication Day 6!









I am incredibly impressed by many of the things my students have accomplished in just 2 months. Projects are really taking shape and you can really see how much fun the students are having completing projects of their own choice. 

Today, the focus was on making sure our Logbooks are kept up to date. Many students are stuck writing down just a simple sentence about what they did during class, where I would like them to stretch and really explain not only their accomplishments for the day, but the thought process that went along with it. We went through some of the guiding questions that I put on the Logbook assignment sheet from September to refresh our memories. 

We are getting close to the Term 1 report card, and I have come to the conclusion that all I will provide for them at this point is feedback, both verbal and written, as at this point formative assessment is what is really going to give them an understanding of how well they have been working on their challenge. Starting November 19th, I will be completing midterm evaluations with each student, going through their timelines, logbooks, and project completion to date :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment